Our Mission, Vision and Strategic Aims
The mission or core purpose of the GCC is:
- Safeguarding people who use chiropractic by setting and upholding standards for the profession
We will deliver our mission by carrying out our key statutory duties to:
- set the standards of chiropractic education, conduct and practice
- recognise chiropractic degree programmes that achieve our standards
- maintain the register of individuals who meet our requirements in respect of character, health, competence and CPD, and
- investigate and determine all complaints against our registrants.
- We aim to deliver effective regulation for the protection of patients and the public and to do so in a fair, proportionate and objective manner.
We aim to:
- protect patients and the public;
- uphold and improve professional standards;
- engage effectively and have constructive dialogue with our stakeholders;
- improve our effectiveness, ensuring our systems are cost effective and fit for purpose.
The GCC's Strategic Statement 2015-2017 defines our core purpose and explains our strategic aims and how we are going to deliver them.