Development of the Education Standards
Review of the 2010 Degree Recognition Criteria
In October 2015, we began to review our Degree Recognition Criteria and the associated quality assurance system. A number of factors were considered as part of the review. These included:
- The development of the 2016 Code and changes that would need to be made as a result, as well as the other ongoing changes within the educational and healthcare environment.
- The impact of current and forthcoming legislation relevant to healthcare regulation.
- Key underlying principles of the need for fairness, equality and consistency.
- The International Framework for chiropractic education and accreditation from the Councils on Chiropractic Education International (CCEI)
- New and emerging technologies and their effect on higher education provision (e.g. mass open online courses – MOOCs)
- Consideration of the other healthcare regulators’ models of accreditation or recognition and quality assurance systems for bench-marking our processes against the wider sector.
- The on-going work on quality standards within Higher Education.
- The overall style, structure and format of the Degree Recognition Criteria document.