The Test of Competence External Examiner is responsible to the GCC via the Education Committee for the overall quality assurance of the TOC.
To ensure confidence in the TOC process, the External Examiner will:
- provide informed, independent and impartial judgement on the TOC assessment process
- ensure the TOC is set and maintained at the level of the Code and benchmarked against the programme outcomes of the Education Standards
- verify that TOC assessments are secure, robust, operated equitably and are consistent with the GCC’s legislation, policies and guidance
- ensure that the GCC is able to compare the standards it applies in the TOC to the standards demanded of degree programmes recognised in the UK
- play a key role in reviewing and evaluating the TOC each year and will provide the GCC with advice.
Each year, the External Examiner submits an annual report to the Education Committee. These can be found below.
TOC Annual Report 2015 - 2016
TOC Annual Report 2016 - 2017