Our Purpose and Strategic Aims
Our statutory duty as set out in the Chiropractors Act (as amended), is to “develop and
regulate the profession of chiropractic”.
We aim to:
- protect patients and the public;
- uphold and improve professional standards;
- engage effectively and have constructive dialogue with our stakeholders;
- improve our effectiveness, ensuring our systems are cost effective and fit for purpose.
We will deliver this by carrying out our key statutory duties to:
- set the standards of chiropractic education, conduct and practice
- recognise chiropractic degree programmes that achieve our standards
- maintain the register of individuals who meet our requirements in respect of character, health, competence and CPD, and
- investigate and determine all complaints against our registrants.
Strategic aims 2019 - 2023
We will set, assure compliance and promote educational, professional & registration standards alongside lifelong learning
- We develop the profession
We will facilitate collaborative strategic work to support the profession in its development
We will take right touch action on complaints, the misuse of title or where registration standards are not met
We will be a great place to work, work together and deliver effective /efficient services
GCC strategy 2019-23