Chiropractic Students

Information on UK Chiropractic Education

To become a GCC registered chiropractor, UK graduates must have successfully completed a GCC recognised university degree programme, typically lasting 4 years .The GCC has recognised Masters in Chiropractic from three UK institutions:

The GCC promotes equality of opportunity and quality assures the provision of chiropractic education in relation to this. We have produced a booklet for people with a disability or a health condition who are interested in becoming a chiropractor - Becoming a chiropractor: A Guide for Disabled People.

Registering as a Chiropractor

In order to register with the GCC you must satisfy the Registrar that you have a GCC recognised chiropractic degree. Applicants for registration must also:

  • declare any criminal convictions or cautions, no matter when or where in the world the offences were committed
  • provide a report from their GP confirming they are in good health, physically and mentally
  • give details of registration with other regulatory bodies or associations in the UK or elsewhere, and about any disciplinary action taken against them by such a body
  • give information about any allegations of professional negligence considered by a civil court
  • provide proof of professional indemnity insurance
  • provide a birth certificate and proof of any change of name since then (for example, a marriage certificate)
  • provide a character reference