Skip to main content

It is important that you update us if your details change. This is to make sure we include up-to-date practice details on our website, and also write to you at your registered practice address (this is the main practice address that we hold for you).


You can add/ amend address details by signing into the portal. Once signed in go to the My Practices tab.

What can I update online?

Once you are logged in you can update much of your personal information via our portal. This includes your:

  • registered address (you do not need to notify us of a change to your home address)

  • list of practices for the website

  • contact telephone numbers

  • email address

  • diversity information

Why can't you take my change of details over the phone?

We do this as a guard against fraud and also because we are a small organisation with limited resources.

What if I'm having trouble updating my details online?

If you are not able to update your details online, get in touch.

What if I change my name?

If you wish to change your name on the register you will need to fill in the application form and email it to, along with a copy of the document showing your full new name - for example your marriage certificate or change of name deed.

When should I let you know my details have changed?

It is a legal requirement, under Section 7(1) of the GCC (Registration) Rules 1999, that you notify us of any change to your name or registered address within 30 days of that change. There is no such time-frame for the rest of your details.

The reduced registration fee

Find out about non-practising registration and the reduced fee

Find out More

Tell us if you have been arrested or have a conviction etc

Information for current registrants on how to notify us of a criminal offence

Find out More

You wish to leave the register

Find out how to leave the register

Find out More

Certificates of Good Standing/ Current Professional Status

This page is for registrants and sets out the difference between a certificate of current professional status (CCPS) and a certificate of registration status (CRS), to help registrants request the correct document for their needs.

Find out More

Return to Practice in the UK

The GCC’s Return to Practice process has been put in place to assist those who have been away from practice in the UK for at least two years to identify and address their professional learning needs to help assure a safe and competent return to clinical work.

Find out More