Applying for GCC registration - Route 3 (EU establishment)

This page is for those chiropractors who intend to set-up their main chiropractic practice in the UK.

Am I eligible to apply?

You will be eligible to apply if you

1.    have EU community rights. You can find out more information on whether you may be eligible [here].

2.    Have a chiropractic qualification equivalent to a accredited course within the UK. You will find further details [here]; and

How will my application be processed?

Firstly we will check to ensure your chiropractic qualification is similar to one that we accredit for UK graduates. You will find more information on the requirements and the process [here].

Secondly we will check the documentation you provided to ensure you mee the registration requirements. In addition to those documents you must send so that we can check your qualification, you must also send us:

  • details of your indemnity arrangements, so we can be sure you are covered for practising as a chiropractor in the UK. Further details of the requirements for indemnity arrangements for all chiropractors, can be found [here].
  • evidence of your English language skills if you do not meet our English language requirements, which will be available online shortly. In the meantime, please contact the registrations teams,[email protected]
  • evidence that you are of good health, such as a report from your GP, which has been written within the 3 months before you apply for registration. You can find further details, along with a pro-forma medical report for your GP [here]
  • if you are applying from a country where chiropractic is not regulated, you must provide a police check from the national repository of criminal records. Further details on convictions, cautions and reprimands you may need to declare can be found [here]
  • The registration fee. Current fees can be found [here]


I’m still not sure if I’m eligible

We realise that the rules around the directive are quite complicated and if you need some advice, please get in touch with the competent authority or contact point for chiropractic in your member state of origin (where you or your spouse were born), the member State in which you are currently practising or the member State in which you formerly qualified or practised (the “relevant competent authority”), to ensure that you meet the requirement of the Directive and that the competent authority is able to issue the documents we need to register you.

You may need to take legal advice to find out whether or not you are eligible for registration under the directive. 

If you think this may apply to you but aren't sure, please contact the GCC Registrations Team, who will advise you.