The Code : Standards of Performance, Conduct and Ethics for Chiropractors
What is the Code?
The Code contains the standards that chiropractors must meet if they wish to join and remain on our register, and call themselves a chiropractor in the UK.
By publishing standards that chiropractors are required to meet, patients can be confident that when they go to see a chiropractor they will receive quality care and will be protected from harm.
The Code is arranged around 8 principles that require chiropractors to:-
- Put the health interests of patients first
- Act with honesty and integrity and maintain the highest standards of professional and personal conduct
- Provide a good standard of clinical care and practice
- Establish and maintain a clear professional relationship with patients
- Obtain informed consent for all aspects of patient care
- Communicate properly and effectively with your patients, colleagues and other healthcare professionals
- Maintain, develop and work within your professional knowledge and skills
- Maintain and protect patient information
You can read the Code here or by clicking on the logo above
We also have the Code in Welsh language version here
Some frequently asked questions about the Code are here
You can see the legislative sources that underpin the Code here
You can see how the new Code compares to the old SoP here
We have published guidance documents on a number of issues to help you meet the Code's requirements. You can find the documents here.