Complaints and feedback about our services
The GCC is committed to providing a high-quality service to all the people who use our services.
We welcome all types of feedback about our service, including:
- Complaints – if you are unhappy or dissatisfied with the service you’ve received
- Comments – if you want to tell us something
- Compliments – if you want to thank someone or provide positive feedback
Sometimes we may get things wrong, or we may not be able to help you in the way that you would like. It is important that you tell us about this. This will help us to learn from our mistakes and improve our standards — we see this as valuable feedback on the quality of our services.
Our aim is to resolve complaints quickly, fairly, simply and confidentially, and to learn from them in order to improve our performance and prevent recurrences. Equally if you have experienced great customer service from our organisation, or you feel someone deserves praise — let us know.
So we have created a customer complaints process that covers feedback about:
- Any service we’ve provided that you feel wasn’t satisfactory
- A procedure or policy
- The way we’ve communicated with you
- The actions of our staff (applies to all staff members, agency workers, contractors, associates and anyone else engaged to work with the GCC, whether by direct contact with the organisation or otherwise)
We cannot consider:
- Complaints relating to a chiropractor’s conduct or fitness to practise (FTP); these are dealt under a separate process.
- Complaints about a decision where an appeal process is set out in law and the decisions are not under the control of the GCC
- matters that have already been fully investigated through a formal complaints procedure
- complaints received from an anonymous source
- Whistleblowing concerns; these are dealt with under a separate process
Raising a complaint
If possible, we ask that you try to resolve the complaint with the person or team involved in order to seek an early resolution to the issue. Once this has been done, or in situations where this is not deemed appropriate, the following complaints procedure may be used.
We can receive complaints by any method. You are welcome to use the form [on this page] or to call, write or email us. We treat all complaints seriously.
Please provide your contact details and indicate your preferred method of communication, whether by telephone, e-mail or in writing.
Complaints should be addressed to:
General Chiropractic Council
186 Kennington Park Road
London SE11 8BT
Telephone: 020 7713 5155
You can also complete our online form, which can be found at the bottom of this page.
If you have disability or accessibility needs, we can make reasonable adjustments for you. For example, we can take your comments over the phone, rather than you having to put it in writing. Please tell us if you have any particular requirements so we can adjust our process to you.
Unreasonable or abusive complaint and vexatious and repetitive complaints will be dismissed and will not be considered.
- The names of the people you have been dealing with
- Any reference numbers we have given you
- Your GCC registration number, if you are a chiropractor
- What you think has gone wrong
- Why you are dissatisfied with the handling of your complaint
- What you think we should do to put things right
The GCC will:
a. Acknowledge receipt of your complaint within five working days.
b. Arrange for the complaint to be fully investigated.
c. Keep you informed of progress.
d. Send a full reply within 15 working days. If this is not possible, we will explain why and give you a date by which you can expect a full reply.
We aim to treat you with politeness, respect and understanding and expect you to treat us the same way. Our staff will not tolerate abusive, offensive, threatening or any other unacceptable behaviour.
We store your complaints electronically on our secure systems. We hold and process this information in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation.
We may produce internal reports to see how well we are dealing with complaints and meeting your needs but will remove all confidential information from these reports to protect the identity of those involved.
Read our complaints policies
Download the full version of our:
Polisi cwynion cwyion (Welsh version)